Saturday, May 05, 2007

broadband is here at last

Well, folks it is time to inform you that I will soon be surfing at speeds which boggle the mind. As of Monday afternoon I should be connected at speeds approaching 2560 kbs. To put this in perspective...I am currently connecting at paltry speeds of around 49.2 kbs. My new connection will be around 52 times more speedy. Let's take a look at the money sense of this little switch.

I will now take $9.95 which is what I am currently paying for dialup and multiply it times 52 and I get $517.40. Wow, I am getting taken to the cleaners by dial-up. Jet Broadband is giving me a much better deal for 44.95 per month right? Also, considering I can eliminate a $40.00 phone line and my $9.95 per month dial-up cost. I am going to be $5.00 ahead plus 52 times faster....my head is still spinning. The only complaint I have is, Why did it have to take until 2007 to get broadband to the end of my lane?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

When I was on the phone with you last Friday night you also described your coming broadband like this: "Its like Christmas will be here in 3 days!"
I sure hope it all works out for you tomorrow. What will you do if they end up saying "We are sorry Mr. Miller but after trying to connect your line, we have discovered that the signal is too week." Good grief I shouldn't even bring that up. lol

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home