Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I like to read

Yes, it is true...I enjoy a good book. I prefer to end my day with a few chapters of something not too deep. I find that if I just climb in bed and try to go to sleep without reading I will lay there and think about all the things that need to be done the next day.

Which now I have to ask...

  1. Anybody wish to recommend an author?
  2. Any particular novels you would recommend?
When I ask these questions I always get this funny look.. like they are thinking..."What can I recommend so he won't think I'm a complete idiot?"

Just recommend is all I ask and maybe we can all benefit from a good read.

7 Comments:

Blogger lonnajoy said...

Heaven by Randy Alcorn is my former favorite. It looks like it might be heavy reading, but it really isn't.

As far as novels, my favorite when I just want a good laugh and light reading is books by Lori Copeland. But I don't know if you would really enjoy those ;-) Hey, I have a vivid memory of a certain somebody throwing my book across the floor and calling me a book worm, to this day I have a vise like grip on my books when reading them ;-) jk

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gordon Kormon. Juvenile... but hilariously funny. Definitely not too deep.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are raking in the comments.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A song for His Honor is my latest read. I sort of devoured it.

Cretora kline

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

Angelas Ashes by Frank McCourt.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ben and Juanita said...

I've never read any of the above...I have to warn everyone though, I don't care for sappy books. Books that I can predict the whole plot after the first page don't do much for me. I tend to like books that are fairly realistic and unique.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee. An excellent novel.
Jon

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home