Friday, February 24, 2006

I Caught A Fish This Big

Once upon a time, I caught a fish. This hasn't happened too often in my lifetime. The reasons for this are many and varied. I like to think it is primarily because I don't fish very much. Another suspicion I hold for my lack of success in the sport of fishing is that I just plain stink at it. I often have visions in the spring of pulling in huge stringers of bass and other gigantic scaled creatures. Unfortunately, after about 5 minutes of reality which in fishing terms means- "NOTHING"- I admit defeat, throw my fishing tackle back in the basement, and it starts collecting another year's worth of dust. It is truly pathetic.

Here is a success story...my first fish and boy was she a "keeper".


(Notice my older brother trying to capture some of my glory...as if this can be accomplished through standing as close as possible to a professional angler.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

LOL. Man I bet you had to dig deep to pull that pic out of the archives! We had some pretty good salt water fishing through the years. Member that night we fished out by the light house and tore up a bunch of rather large trout? Man I'll never forget that night. Dad was along as I recall. We did quite a bit of whooping and hollering.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the real fish was behind my back. I was just too nice to steal your thunder. Notice you were nervously looking left hoping I wouldn't blow your cover.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Ben and Juanita said...

I think we were on vacation when this pic was taken...is that right?
It was like the only vacation we ever took as a family. Of course, my memory from childhood is nearly non-existant so I might be way off.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ben, Mom pulled your blog up last night and said it was when we went along with dad on one of his work trips away from home. He went to work during the day while we messed around on a "vacation". Maybe she can comment on here and tell us where it was and a few more details.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

By the way, Mom finaly got DSL! Huraaay! I told her.. "you really don't know how lucky you are because soo many people would love to get DSL but can't. Its just not available for them yet!" The fact that its only 15.00 per month just adds to the pain for those who can't get it!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom said.....
We were in Virginia (Dumphries, I think)where your dad was working. We went along for a week in our camper. It was a real nice park, as you can see you boys went fishing. The park owners were very friendly and kind to us. And yes, Ben, that was the only time we went away (except for a few rare trips to PA to visit your grandparents and aunts/uncles.
Yippee for DSL!!!!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

A historic moment has occurred. Mother has just posted her first comment on a blog! This could be the beginning of something big. LOL

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home