Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Snip, Snip, Oops

I don't really like getting my hair cut. I place it somewhere between preparing for tax season and having my fingernails pulled out with a pliers. It is just plain down stressful. I'm not even sure I can put into words the feelings associated with having my hair cut. Here is a quick list of reasons why I despise haircuts:
  1. It is a bit uncomfortable for me to let a stranger pry around on my head. You might say I feel that it is going way past a friendly handshake.
  2. There is the uncertainty as to the outcome of said haircut. It is as varied as the individual with the clippers and their current frame of mind.
  3. It is expensive. I figure they are pulling around $83.70 an hour and I think maybe I'm in the wrong line of work.
  4. I end up all itchy and cranky.
  5. Some of the clipper wielding strangers feel it their duty to strike up a conversation to ease the tension. They might say, "How's the weather outside?" I say, "Nice." Awkward silence ensues They say,"Do you want to keep your sideburns?" I reply, "Uhhh, sure, why not" awkward silence and so on and so forth

    I went in to get a haircut last night and I was ushered back to "the chair" and sat down. It was at this point that I became witness to some lady having a fit over what had been done to her hair. I caught something about it being all chopped. Well, the lady that was going to cut my hair went over and tried to fix whatever mistake the other lady had made. Soon I saw the chopper lady coming my way to try to redeem herself. Let me interject this tidbit of wisdom, you can always tell when someone makes a mistake cutting your hair...there is this odd sound then they immediately rub the ruined spot as if that will somehow magically replace the hair they just deleted. Suffice it to say, my hair was shortened and I'm cutting my own hair from now on.

7 Comments:

Blogger Glen Zehr said...

Of course you could always let your wife cut it......
This could cause some serious marital strife but you could.....

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picture please.

Lowell

9:09 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I pretty much cut my own hair except for the back of my head. My wife takes care of that for me. Been doing it like this for years. All you need is a nice mirror.
I agree with Lowell. We needs 4 pictures: 1. Front. 2. Left side. 3. Right side. 4. Back.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Ben and Juanita said...

Sorry, no pictures. I can hardly see through this brown paper bag on my head.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats all very fine for you, but some of us have to look at it all day, since your bag wearing hasn't translated into work wear...

6:36 AM  
Blogger Ben and Juanita said...

Ah ha, Gregegg's post was at 6:36 and he was supposed to have left for work at 6:30... the truth finally comes out. You bunch of slackers. I'll just wear my hardhat today.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travis Byler found out the hard way in Africa that a trim means "smoke the clippers". It was an ugly scene.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home