Saturday, March 11, 2006

We're Number One

Someone mentioned the other day that their blog stats show me as their number one visitor. He said, "You visit my blog way more than anyone else does." I explained to him why that is. I started thinking about it and wondered if there are others out there that think I have nothing better to do than visit their blog 5 times a day. I think maybe I should explain lest you think I am emotionally disturbed.

  • We have one computer and my wife visits many of the same blogs I do.
  • Secondly, I use Firefox. It has this wonderful feature called "tabs". It also has this other neat little feature. If you save all your blogs in a sub-folder under bookmarks, you can click the link at the bottom called "Open in tabs". It will then open every blog listed in that folder in it's own tab. Often, as they are loading, I will be closing them as fast as they open because they were not updated...shame on you.

I will now try to explain how I have my favorite blogs book marked. I have three folders.

  1. The first one is simply called "Blogs". These are the blogs that I open at least twice a day. I get them loading while I start the coffee pot in the morning. I also check them when I get home from work. There are currently 17 blogs in this folder. If you are in this folder I must enjoy reading your blog and you update fairly frequently.
  2. The second folder is called "Infrequent Blogs". These blogs get loaded about twice a week or whenever I have some spare time. There are currently 60 blogs listed in this folder so it takes some time to load. This folder is a jumble of misc. blogs. It is mostly for blogs I enjoy but the posts are very sporadic. Some of the blogs are there simply because I happen to know these folks and like to be in the know.
  3. There is a third folder called "Dumb Blogs". These blogs get loaded about once every two weeks. It currently holds around sixteen bookmarks. They are mostly blogs of people I know but the content doesn't really interest me too much or they are filled with intentional mispellings. It uhpeers it is now kewl 2 c how pourly u ken spell a werd widout making it cumpleetly unrekugnizeuble. Don't get me wrong, I am very forgiving of misspelled words as I do it myself often but to intentionally misspell is just plain silly and will get your blog placed in my "Dumb Blogs" folder.

So you see, I am not emotionally disturbed after all. If you assume my wife has some of the same bookmarks in her folders. It is quite possible your blog could get loaded 4-6 times per day on my computer. Take it as a compliment; you have made it to the top of the heap in my bookmarks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa. i was getting scared. thanks alot...

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Darling said...

I 'm impressed at how that all works! And I too hate when people write like they're writing a text message. I find that mainly in the younger set. We old people just cant learn that new fangled stuff! LOL

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home